Sunday, August 23, 2009

Normal Freaks

Let's get it up in the air so it can linger for the duration of this thought-to-paper sequence. Men and women want the same things out of life. I may be a little green, but I want to see what I know about shit like love, relationships, and the etcetera of life. Whether it be relationships, careers, marriage, and, the elephant in the room, sex. However, what both strive for is to be somewhat more than their helpless expectations (tomorrow, and tomorrow...etc.). Is it wrong to settle for the average? To have low expectations of life? To never change? I may be shooting for the stars, going over my head, and shooting myself in the foot with this big question. What is wrong with being normal/average? I'm not talking about the penis, or breast size. I'm talking the "where the hell is this life going?" What is a normal now-a-days?

I got to thinking and began to question my average Joe life and decided that it's not so bad. I think about all my friends who've changed since high school, mind you it's been three years already, and see what they've accomplished. They're just like me. They're heading down the slow and steady wins the race path. There is nothing wrong with being normal, or average. You just have to have the ability to improve it. Well, when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, right? So, when life give you normal, you stop and say, "Hey, this is fine. Life is stable, good and drama free."

Or at least Diet Drama. I understand that some people want to be more than what he or she is in life and get their name out there in the world. You know. Be a somebody in a world of nobodies. Is it worth it to risk normalcy in return for fantasy? A little fantasy never hurt anyone, it's normal to want things out of reach. My only gripe is that the average life gets pretty boring pretty fast. It can also get freaky. The tiresome repetition of days. In and out of buildings. Driving the same road. It's the Twilight-Zone.

So, how do we break out of the normalcy? Well, from what I've learned, you can and can't. You can because once you get your name out there, you'll desire a scrap of the normal life. You can't when you don't have the drive to be more than you can be. You're a damned if you're normal and you're damned if you aren't. That's why most people want to be freaks, because they break the regular mold and are turned abstract. Nobodies wanta to be abstract, just because literal and what's on the page is too boring. All that glitters can be fools gold.

I am me; and I know my thoughts are probably all jumbled up, but I feel it necessary to break my block. I want to be more than this page. I want to have meaning and fearlessness. I am searching for my voice and can almost hear it clearly. If normal is what I have to be for the rest of my life. I can try to at least make it sound interesting. Face it, a boring life is an interesting one. I'm a dog without a bone and without a clear vision of my future. I'm a boring person who has nothing intelligent to say. I'm a somebody in a nobody world, yet I'm considered a nobody. I shouldn't think that way, but that's how I am and diet drama tastes nasty.

I'm a normal person who wants to be freak. Don't we all?

0 comments: